We take the protection of your information seriously.
Your personal data.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier.
We do not consider information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise as personal data.
How we collect personal data.
Generally, we collect personal data directly from you.
This may occur when you:
• Purchase any of our products or repair services
• Place a telephone call to us, or receive one from us
• Provide your details to us in person at trade shows or exhibitions
• Provide your details to us via email, eBay or social media
• Visit our website
We do not obtain personal data from third parties for marketing purposes. We may obtain personal data from a third party when it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or the performance of a contract.
What personal data we collect.
Where MPS Trading Ltd is the data controller of your personal information we may collect the following about you:
• Contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
• Your vehicle details where you have provided them
• Financial information such as bank details. Card details are processed by a payment processor (i.e. Paypal) immediately, not stored.
• Your purchase history for marketing and accounting purposes
• Your IP address and browser or mail client details during visits to our website or email communications.
• Your marketing preferences
Use of information.
In order to respond to your questions, fulfil your requests or manage interactive customer programs, it may be necessary to ask for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or vehicle details. We may use this information to respond to your requests, or to contact you via mail, e-mail or phone to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer. If you place an order for a product, to our site, we may need to contact you for additional information required to process or fulfil your order and/or request. However, unless compelled by applicable legislation, we will not provide this information to a third party without your permission, except as necessary to process your order, fulfil your requests or manage interactive customer programs. You also hereby grant to MPS Trading Ltd the right to exchange any information provided by you between MPS Trading Ltd affiliates for the purposes mentioned before.
Who your personal data is shared with.
For example, to improve our service to you third parties may include:
• Courier services
• Our suppliers
• Payment processors
• Business analysis services
• Email service providers
• Debt collection agencies
• Regulatory authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office
Your rights regarding our use of personal data.
We make our best effort to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, relevant and up to date. As required by applicable law, we also respect your rights to:
• Request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. Upon receiving such a request, we will provide a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format.
• Rectification of inaccuracies in personal data we hold on you. Simply contact us if you become aware of an inaccuracy and we will correct it as soon as reasonably possible.
• Erase the personal data we hold on you. Contact us if you would like us to delete any personal data we hold. Upon request, we will delete all personal data we hold, other than any data we are required to retain under a legal obligation we are subject to.
• Ask we restrict, stop processing or withdraw consent you have previously given for us to process personal data. We provide the option to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time, even if you have previously given consent for us to send them.
Please note that requesting we stop processing your personal data for reasons other than marketing may prevent us from being able to offer you products or services.
• Data portability. EU regulation 2016/679, commonly known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provides you the right to data portability. We uphold this right by providing a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format upon request.
• Object to automated decision making.
How long we keep personal data for.
We only keep your information for as long as the regulations say we have to. This is usually between three and ten years after our relationship with you ends, but it will vary depending on what data we hold, why we hold it and what we’re obliged to do by the regulator or the law. Typically, legal requirements are 10 years following a purchase from us, or after the customer/supplier relationship ends.
Securing your data.
Personal Data held by MPS Trading Ltd is stored on secure servers in the UK. We do not transfer EU customer personal data outside the European Economic Area. We hold data in various forms, including electronic databases and paper files. We strive to take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice. Such steps include encryption of electronic data, and physical access controls and security systems to protect paper records. Personal data is deleted / disposed of in a secure manner, in adherence to our data deletion policy.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical steps to protect all of the user information we hold. Despite this no system is 100% secure and you acknowledge that the information you give us is at risk. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log out when using a shared computer and take steps to make sure your personal information has not been stored by that computer or a network connected to it.
No information may be submitted to MPS Trading Ltd by persons under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 18 make purchases or other legal acts on this site without such consent, unless permitted by applicable legislation.
or via email to email@example.com